Budget section includes a Budget Justification narrative. See NIH Budget Justification Template. (Check RFP for budget justification page limitations).
- Personnel – salaries/wages, time commitment and fringe benefits of PI, coPIs, senior associates, and graduate and undergrad researchers. See current fringe benefit rates
- Consultant- consultants usually provide advice, but should not make decisions for the direction of the research. Typically, consultants will charge a fixed rate for their services that includes both their direct and F&A costs.
- Equipment– an item of property with acquisition cost of $5,000 or more
- Travel – all foreign and domestic travel (airfare, transportation, lodging, food)
- Patient Care Costs – costs of routine and ancillary services provided by hospitals to individuals participating in research programs
- Other Direct Costs –publication costs,
- Consortium/Contractual Costs – amount should include the consortium institutions F&A
- Indirect costs – presently calculated at 49.5% of salary/wages (check current and upcoming F&A rates)
- Total Directs