Welcome to the University of Utah. This section is designed to offer useful information on policies, procedures and available resources that will enhance your research experience.
The Office of the Vice President for Research has oversight of all research related matters and strives to provide services to faculty and increase the funding available to support research while protecting the University’s interests and assuring compliance with all relevant laws and regulations.
These services are intended to help advance research and are handled through the following offices:
- Office of Sponsored Projects (OSP)
- Grants and Contracts Accounting (GCA)
- PIVOT (Partners for Innovation, Ventures, Outreach & Technology) Center
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)
- Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC)
- Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Research Education
The VP for Research provides up-to-date information for researchers in several ways:
- The VP for Research website
- Onboarding for New PI's: Submitting Proposals at the University of Utah (online course)
- Researcher's Corner (You can sign up for these emails through the link in the upper right corner. All investigators who have external funding will automatically receive these updates.)
- Monthly PI emails of financial management reports (Please review these whey they arrive)
- Annual Faculty Quick Guide (via campus mail each September. Keep this handy, as it has useful contact information.
The Institutional Review Board (IRB) has a New Investigator Toolkit designed to walk you through the IRB process and assist you with your first human subjects research application.
If you are new to the University of Utah or the proposal development process, we encourage you to contact your Sponsored Projects Officer, explore our website and connect to OSP Orientation for new investigators.
- Human Resources
- University Administration
- New Faculty Guide to Digital Resources
- Office of General Counsel
- Facts about the U
- Parking Permits
- UTA Transit Pass
- Mail Services
Sign up for biweekly updates from the VPR Office