Transfer a Grant (Outgoing)
Request transfer of a grant or contract when the Principal Investigator is moving from the University of Utah to another institution.
Investigators and administrators who anticipate moving an award to another organization. For more information on transferring an investigator to a new institution, review the information on Institutional Transfers.
Instructions - Outgoing Faculty
- If a Principal Investigator (PI) is transferring out of the University of Utah to a not-for-profit institution and will continue on-going research, the PI will need to work with his/her department to complete a Relinquishing Memo, for each award, and email it to OSP for review. All relinquished awards require pre-approval.
- If approved, OSP will be sure the transfer is processed correctly and timely. If
the transfer involves equipment, review the Procedure on Transfer of Equipment with Departing Faculty.
- OSP may work with the PI's new institution for transfer and acceptance of title to the equipment.
Related Policies and Procedures
- Retirement Transfer Form (Property Accounting Form)
- Resources > Forms > Institutional Transfers
- Resource > Forms > Institutional Transfers > Outgoing Faculty > NIH Transfer Process
- Resource > Forms > Institutional Transfers > Outgoing Faculty > NSF Transfer Process
- Resources > Forms > Relinquishing Memo
- Resources > Forms > Change of PI Form
- Procedure > Transfer a Grant (Incoming)
Be notified of page updates
Procedure Library Feedback
Do you have comments or suggestions for this procedure?