- Research Handbook
- 1. Roles & Responsibilities
- 2. Standards for Conduct of Research
- 3. Overview of Sponsored Projects Administration
- 4. Funding Sources & Opportunities
- 5. Proposal Development
- 6. Budget Development
- 7. Procedures for the Submission of Proposals
- 8. Award Acceptance
- 9. Award Management
- 10. Research Related Regulations, Policies & Procedures
- 11. Other Conduct of Research Issues
- 12. Acronyms & Definitions
- 13. Glossary
- Procedure Library
- Regulations Library
- Export Controls
Handbook for Research & Sponsored Activity
In support of research and sponsored activities at the University of Utah, this handbook, known also as the Research Handbook, is designed to assist new and established investigators in the conduct of research.
The handbook seeks to support the University's research effort by providing guidance regarding the development and administration of sponsored projects; inform investigators of their roles and responsibilities in research administration and compliance, and to indicate the roles of staff in supporting the research effort.
This handbook is a compendium of official statements, procedures, and guidelines. Every attempt is made to keep this information current and readers must rely on links which are referenced throughout the document. As this handbook is intended to be an evolving reference work and may be updated frequently, please check updates to make sure you are working off of the latest information.