- Research Handbook
- 1. Roles & Responsibilities
- 2. Standards for Conduct of Research
- 3. Overview of Sponsored Projects Administration
- 4. Funding Sources & Opportunities
- 5. Proposal Development
- 6. Budget Development
- 7. Procedures for the Submission of Proposals
- 8. Award Acceptance
- 9. Award Management
- 10. Research Related Regulations, Policies & Procedures
- 11. Other Conduct of Research Issues
- 12. Acronyms & Definitions
- 13. Glossary
- Procedure Library
- Regulations Library
- Export Controls
Funding Sources & Opportunities
4.3 Limited Submissions
Occasionally, federal agencies, foundations, and University programs limit how many applications/nomination the University may submit for specific awards and scholarships. The Vice President for Research announces those programs with limited submission elements and accepts abstracts from interested and eligible faculty through Research Portal. Application submission and internal selection for limited opportunities are conducted through the Office of the Vice President for Research.
Faculty members are responsible for responding to these announcements and expressing interest in these programs before the internal deadline. Those wishing to have their proposal considered for a limited submission opportunity are required to submit an abstract by the internal deadline.
Candidates will be notified, in advance of the external deadline, by the Vice President for Research Office as to whether or not they have been selected to submit a proposal on behalf of the University.
Final proposals will still require submission through OSP and all appropriate campus approvals.
If you identify a program that interests you and it is not listed or if you have questions regarding limited submissions, please email VPRgrants@utah.edu or call 801/585-7238. You can also visit the VPR Limited Submission Program page or OSP's Limited Submissions guidance.
- University Intramural Support for Research
- Research Instrumentation Fund
- University Research Committee (URC) Funding
- External Support for Research
- Limited Submissions