Manage Subaward Invoices
Manage subaward invoices and payments on a sponsored program.
This instruction applies to Principal Investigators (PIs) involved in sponsored research with subrecipients on a grant or contract with the University of Utah.
Subawards are awards made by a grantee to a subrecipient for the performance of a portion of a sponsored project. The subrecipient's efforts must involve collaborative or substantive contribution to the project.
- Monitor receipt of subrecipient invoices according to the payment terms in subaward.
- Review subrecipient invoice to ensure costs are reasonable and allowable.
- If no problems are identified,
- PI signs the invoice to authorize payment, and
- Admininstrator sends to Purchasing
- Payment to subrecipient should be made within 30 days after receipt of the invoice.
- Contact the subrecipient for resolution:
- If invoice has not been submitted timely.
- If subrecipient has requested reimbursement for unallowable expenses, or
- If reports or deliverables required by the subaward have not been received.
- Notify Accounts Payable if payment will be temporarily withheld due to unallowable expenses or other significant reasons (2 CFR 200.305(6)), document the issue, and resolve with subrecipient.
The subaward payment terms include a due date for the final invoice. The subrecipient's final invoice must be paid in sufficient time for the expense to post to the University's project before the award is closed out.
Related Policies and Procedures
Be notified of page updates
Procedure Library Feedback
Do you have comments or suggestions for this procedure?