Close out a subaward on a sponsored program.
Principal Investigators (PIs) involved in sponsored research with subrecipients on a grant or contract with the University of Utah. Subawards are awards made by a grantee for the performance of a portion of the work of a sponsored project. Close out a subaward when the subrecipient's work is complete.
- Verify technical reports and/or deliverables have been received from subrecipient.
- Verify final invoice has been received from subrecipient and has been paid by Account Payable.
- If there is a need to disencumber an unexpended balance to close the Purchase Order, the department will need to log into Management Reports and select Encumbrance Report. Select the Purchase Order (PO) number and select "close PO". The request is routed to Purchasing and Purchasing will make the determination to close. You can learn more in the Procurement and Payment Basics class.
- Retain financial and technical records pertaining to the subaward for 3 years or the number of years required by the sponsor, whichever is longer.
- The department will obtain the final invention report and any final documents and reports required from the subrecipient.
Related Policies and Procedures
Be notified of page updates
Procedure Library Feedback
Do you have comments or suggestions for this procedure?