Pre-Award Sponsor Requests (JIT Requests)
Submit responses to a request from a sponsor for certifications, approvals, budget documentation, and other administrative or contractual information during the period after submission but before the award has been formally granted.
Principal Investigators (PIs), after submitting a proposal for a sponsored project, will often be asked for additional information regarding their proposal.
Post-submission and pre-award requests from a sponsor for certifications, budget documentation, and other administrative or contractual information should be directed to OSP if the sponsor requires an authorized institutional official approval. Many time there will be a *deadline* for submitting this material so it is important that the PI and administrator coordinate the response to the sponsor with OSP before the deadline. OSP will provide the authorized institutional official approval and will forward the information to the sponsor, if needed.
- Receive request for additional information
- Inform your Sponsored Projects Officer of the specific request. These requests may
- Other support data
- Certification of Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval
- Certification of Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) approval, or
- Certification of human subjects training for all key personnel.
- If this is an NIH request, submit the information through the Just-In-Time (JIT) function within eRA Commons.
- If request is from another organization follow sponsor instructions for response.
Related Policies and Procedures
- Grant Life Cycle > Manage Your Award > NIH Just-in-Time (JIT) Process