OSP Business Practices - General Communication
Clarify correspondence and notification expectations.
Principal Investigators (PIs) and department administrators who communicate with OSP during the pre- and/or post-award stages of sponsored project administration.
- OSP will acknowledge receipt of each request for support via telephone or email within
2 business days.
- When telephone calls result in action items for OSP or the department or creates a need for documentation, OSP may choose to follow-up with an email regarding the discussion.
- For non-urgent issues, OSP will either resolve, or communicate a plan to resolve requests for support within 5 business days.
- The escalation of correspondence from departments to OSP shall be handled in a manner
and timeframe appropriate to the urgency of the request. Correspondence to OSP will
occur in the following order:
- 1st request to OSPawards or to a specific team member (if triaging of action has already occurred)
- 2nd request, the respective OSP Associate Director is copied
- 3rd request, the OSP Director is copied
- Upon receiving questions in the OSPawards email box, the below steps will be followed:
- Questions received will be reviewed that same day. OSP will respond to the department within twenty-four (24) hours, excluding weekends and holidays. If the question is complex and requires additional research, OSP will respond to alert the department of the complexity and that a response is being drafted.
- If a response to a question is needed the same day, the department should indicate "URGENT" in the subject line. If there is a specific time the answer or response is needed, that should also be highlighted.
- If OSP sends a communication to the department that requires a response, it is expected that administrators respond within two (2) business days, or sooner, unless marked "URGENT". OSP will not abuse the designation of an email as "URGENT".
Related Policies and procedures
- Procedure Library > OSP Business Practices - Proposal Review & Submission
- Procedure Library > OSP Business Practices - Proposal Preparation
Be notified of page updates
Procedure Library Feedback
Do you have comments or suggestions for this procedure?