Beginning in January 2023, all new NSF proposals must be prepared and submitted in Research.gov; FastLane will no longer be a preparation and submission option
On May 2nd, NSF released the latest Research.gov proposal preparation functionality updates and NSF Public Access Repository (NSF-PAR) enhancements:
The following new Research.gov proposal preparation functionality will be available May 2nd
- New Postdoctoral Fellowship Proposal Type: The Postdoctoral Fellowship proposal type is available in Research.gov for proposals submitted in response to postdoctoral fellowship solicitations that do not contain reference letter requirements.
- Expanded Where to Apply Options: Proposers now have to the ability to choose additional Directorate/Division/Program options (i.e., secondary units of consideration) to direct proposals to NSF.
- Project Data Form: The Project Data Form is now available in Research.gov and must be included in proposals for selected funding opportunities in the Directorate for Education and Human Resources (EHR)/Division of Undergraduate Education (DUE).
- Separate Uploads of Multiple Supplementary Documents: Proposers can now upload multiple PDF documents in the Other Supplementary Documents proposal section and will no longer need to combine documents into a single PDF prior to uploading.
The following NSF Public Access Repository (NSF-PAR) Enhancements are effective May 2nd
- PIs and co-PIs can now remove research datasets from NSF-PAR without assistance from the NSF Help Desk by disassociating the NSF award(s) from the dataset. Disassociating all NSF awards from a dataset removes the dataset from the NSF-PAR publicly facing search.
- Deposit of dataset information in NSF-PAR remains optional, and there are no changes
at this time to NSF’s Public Access policy or project reporting requirements.
- Proposal Submission Capabilities: Future Research.gov proposal functionality
- Research.gov Proposal Preparation Demo Site: All enabled proposal and submission types are also available to try out
- About Proposal Preparation and Submission: Demo site FAQs can be found on the left navigation menu