The University's F&A rate is changing to 51% on July 1, 2016, then increasing to 51.5% on July 1, 2017, and increasing again to 52.5% on July 1, 2018.
For proposals in Cayuse that have budget periods spanning fiscal years, the indirect cost rate shown for each period will be a nuanced average creating an accurate percentage. For example, if the budget period runs 1/1/17 - 1/1/18, the IDC rate will be 51.25%; the average of half the year at 51% and the average of the 2nd half of the year at 51.5%. Since the IDC rate shown in the budget will be a calculated average and not two separate rates, you will need to explain this in the budget justification.
Updating Cayuse Budgets for Proposals Currently in Process
If you are preparing a proposal in Cayuse using the 49% IDC rate, follow these steps to incorporate the new rates:
- Open the proposal in Cayuse
- Go to the SF424 RR Face Page, page 1
- Find Section 5: Applicant Information
- Click the Re-Autofill icon on the right. This icon will refill the U's profile and incorporate the new rates.
- A pop-up window that allows users to select a new default IDC rate will display
- Select "MTDC_Research" (or another rate as appropriate) and click the "Re-autofill Application Organization" button
- Cayuse will automatically update and recalculate the budget with the new rates.
Please contact your Sponsored Projects Officer if you have questions.