Individual Investigator Assistance
We offer individual investigator assistance to help faculty, graduate students, and postdocs develop their grant writing skills and to identify sources of funding for research and scholarly activities.
With advance notice, we will work with you to offer a variety of personalized grantsmanship assistance, including:
- Knowledge of funding agency mission and culture.
- Assistance with custom funding opportunity searches.
- Expertise in thoroughly understanding all requirements of a funding opportunity announcement.
- Proposal outline tools that allow investigators to create a timeline for the accomplishment of tasks related to the submission.
- Guidance on letters of intent, letters of support, and documentation needed for grant submissions.
- Templates and guidance for formatting biographical sketches, current and pending, etc. to proposal specifications.
- Ensuring that narrative content conforms to the instructions provided by the funding agency and to any relevant federal and university regulations.
Please note: These services may be time intensive and our capacity to assist with your proposal is dependent upon current demand. Please contact our office at least 90 days in advance of your final submission deadline to discuss your grant preparation needs.
Grant Development Services also collaborates with faculty on the development of grant proposals, focusing primarily on multi-investigator proposals, including institutional training grants, center grants, and infrastructure- and capacity-building grants.