Fringe Benefit Rates (non-negotiated)
- Full-Time Faculty (assumes $100k salary): 35%
- Full-Time Staff (assumes $30k salary): 64%
- Post-Doc with Retirement (assumes $40k salary): 53%
- Post-Doc without Retirement (assumes $40k salary): 39%
- Part-Time limited benefits (Grads, Undergrads, & Part-Time any salary): 8%
See the detailed schedule (pdf) provided by the HR Benefits Department
Note: The fringe benefit percentage rates above (effective July 1, 2016) are suggested estimates, established by the University, in order to simplify the preparation of proposal budgets. These may not be the actual rates assessed upon award.
Investigators/departments have the option of using either the published rates established by the HR Benefits Department (above) or the actual fringe benefit rates.
The actual rates can be used when preparing proposal budgets, since those are the dollar amounts that will be charged to the projects. However, departments must be able to document actual benefit rates when those are used in the proposal, and should be prepared to provide this documentation to sponsors as requested.
If you have questions or need assistance in determining the rate to use, please contact the HR Benefits Department.