Commercialization - Translational Research
The PIVOT (Partners for Innovation, Ventures, Outreach & Technology) Center is the best resource for commercialization at the University.
An up-to-date comprehensive list of commercialization opportunities can be found through a Pivot search (not the same as the PIVOT Center). Some of those opportunities are also mentioned here:
- DOD Airforce
- NSF Grant Opportunities for Academic Liaison with Industry (GOALI)
is a program that seeks to stimulate collaboration between academic research institutions and industry. It requires the participation of an industrial partner.
Starting Jan 30th, 2017 GOALI program changed significantly and now offers two separate options:
- A GOALI proposal - must be submitted to an active NSF funding opportunity and must be submitted in accordance with the deadlines specified therein.
- A GOALI supplemental funding - adds GOALI elements to a currently funded NSF research project.
GOALI proposals should focus on research that addresses shared interests by academic researchers and industrial partners. The proposed research should be transformative, beneficial to industry, and include the collaboration between academic and industrial partners. The proposals should advance scientific and engineering foundations to enable future breakthrough technologies with the potential to address critical industry needs.
- Industrial Innovation and Partnerships (IIP)
- This is the main site for federal bids. All DOD solicitations requiring bid must be posted here. Register and get email updates for searches that match your criteria.
- Note that the email report requires subscription but if you go to the "Federal" tab you can perform a search by category for free.
- This site is for DOD contracts listed at over 5M.
- Note that the email report requires subscription but if you go to the "State and Local" tab you can perform a search by category for free.
- Use the standard Bid Sync, which is free, email notifications available.
- List of Utah state agencies that can be independently searched for business opportunities
General Sites for Information
- Government Business Reference Services site provides links to all government procurement sites, national lab technologies to license, etc.