Vice President for Research (VPR) Office Welcome
Welcome to the University of Utah! We are glad to have you in the research community. We hope your experience here will be vibrant, creative, and productive.
The Office of the Vice President for Research has oversight of all research related matters and strives to provide services to faculty and increase the funding available to support research while protecting the University’s interests and assuring compliance with all relevant laws and regulations.
The VP for Research provides up-to-date information for researchers in several ways:
- The VP for Research website
- The Office of Sponsored Projects (OSP) website
- Researcher's Corner (You can sign up for these emails through the link in the upper right corner. All investigators who have external funding will automatically receive these updates.)
- Monthly PI emails of financial management reports (Please review these whey they arrive)
- Annual Faculty Quick Guide (via campus mail each September. Keep this handy, as it has useful contact information.)
Offices that help administer and support research include:
- Office of the Vice President for Research
- Office of Sponsored Projects (OSP)
- If you are new to the University of Utah or the proposal development process, we encourage you to contact your Sponsored Projects Officer, explore the OSP website, and connect to OSP Orientation for new investigators.
- Grants and Contracts Accounting (GCA)
- Your department administrator can also help you with the details of managing your grants.
- Technology & Venture Commercialization (TVC)
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)
- Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- The IRB has a New Investigator Toolkit designed to walk you through the IRB process and assist you with your first human subjects research application.
- Research Education