Roles & Responsibilities
1.1 Office of the Vice-President for Research
The Office of the Vice President for Research administers support for research and scholarly/creative work within the university community. This support includes responsibilities for:
- Extramural and intramural funding of scholarship. Externally supported research and sponsored programs form a significant part of the academic enterprise at the University of Utah. The Vice- President for Research administers all intramural funding programs as well.
- All pertinent federal mandates and guidelines related to support of research programs.
- Necessary infrastructure relevant to the administration of research and scholarly
activities. Organizations reporting to the Vice-President for Research are responsible
- Assisting faculty in identifying and obtaining funding for research, training and scholarly activities;
- Assisting faculty in proposal and pre-award processing;
- Assuring that all research applications, awards and activities comply with University policy;
- Managing approved cost-sharing arrangements on grants and contracts; and
- Assuring University compliance with federal research regulations.