Funding from VPR Available for Faculty to Visit DARPA Program Managers
The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency at the Pentagon, known as DARPA, provides funding in a wide variety of disciplines and areas, now including the new Biotechnology area. The Office for the Vice President for Research (VPR) is encouraging outreach and proposal development through this new intramural funding opportunity. Please view DARPA opportunities including BAA-14-16.
STEP 1: You must first seek a potential program manager for your research. Please email the VPR for the list of program managers.
STEP 2: Once you have made contact by email and/or phone with a DARPA program manager, it may make sense for you to visit that program manager.
At this stage, you are eligible to apply to the VPR for a travel grant up to $1,000 to visit a program manager who has expressed interest in your work.
Travel Grant Submission Deadline: August 30, 2014 (and ongoing)
To apply for travel funds, please email the following information to the VPR:
- Your name and contact information
- Your program manager's name and contact information
- A 1-2 page document detailing the project you are proposing to your program manager
- The contact you have had with your program manager and attach any email correspondence
- Approximate dates you plan to visit DARPA
- Whether or not other funds (start-up, returned overhead, etc.) are available to support your travel
If other funds are available to you, please access those funds before applying.
Decisions will be made by September 15, 2014.