Commercialization - Translational Research
The Technology & Venture Commercialization (TVC) office is the best resource for commercialization at the University. TVC has detailed information on the following:
In addition to commercializing technologies at the University, TVC also hosts the following programs and services:
- Software Development Center (SDC)
- Start Up Center for Students (Stac)
- Energy Commercialization Center (ECC)
An up-to-date comprehensive list of commercialization opportunities can be found through a SciVal search. Some of those opportunities are also mentioned here:
- Partnerships for Research Excellence and Transition (PRET): The PRET Program is a university-based research program of excellence involving strong industrial ties to accelerate the transition of research results to industry.
- Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) & Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR): The Air Force SBIR/STTR site provides a means for dissemination informatino about current news events, program terminology and procedures, and organizational points of contact.
- Accellerating Innovative Research (AIR)
- NIH National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences: Research projects at NCATS focus on addressing scientific and technical challenges to reduce, remove of bypass bottlenecks in the development of new treatments and tests that will ultimately improve human health.
- NSF Grant Opportunities for Academic Liaison with Industry (GOALI)
- Industrial Innovation and Partnerships (IIP): This is a new opportunity for current NSF GOALI grantees to compete for Translational Research in the Academic Community (TRAC).
- NSF I-Corps:
- NSF Partnerships for Innovation (PFI): One of the general goals of the Partnerships for Innovation Program (PFI) is to stimulate the transformation of knowledge created by the research and education enterprise into innovations the create new wealth; build strong local, regional, and national economies; and improve the national well-being.
- The American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) in partnership with the National Science Foundation (NSF) announces the Small Business Postdoctoral Resarch Diversity Fellowship Program, which will place 50 recent Ph.D. recipients in designated active Phase II Small Business Innovication Research (SBIR) participating companies.
- State of Utah USTAR Industrial Partnership Program (IPP) funds the development, acceleration and commercialization of innovative technologies with technology problems or gaps indentified by the company, and having a potential of being solved by a university research team. Questions can be emailed to the IPP.
- This is the main site for federal bids. All DOD solicitations requiring bid must be posted here. Register and get email updates for searches that match your criteria.
- Register to receive daily updates of your search for DOD contracts up for bid. Can also search SBIR, patents, etc. Note the different tabs for Army, Navy, Air Force, DOD, and OSD DPSI. Each one is a different site/search.
- Note that the email report requires subscription but if you go to the "Federal" tab you can perform a search by category for free.
- This site is for DOD contracts listed at over 5M.
- Note that the email report requires subscription but if you go to the "State and Local" tab you can perform a search by category for free.
- Use the standard Bid Sync, which is free, email notifications available.
- List of Utah state agencies that can be independently searched for business opportunities
General Sites for Information
- Government Business Reference Services site provides links to all government procurement sites, national lab technologies to license, etc.