PURE experts - University of Utah Research Profiles
What is University of Utah Research Profiles?
A U of U-specific instance of PURE Experts/Funding Discovery, where faculty, external faculty, and other interested, external parties (e.g. corporations and research funding organizations) can:
- View individual U of U researchers and identify their expertise with a visual profile and list of publications.
- Find potential collaborators within and across departments and colleges and across institutions by searching the profiles of faculty by keywords and concepts.
- Visualize a researcher’s co-author network.
- Search for U of U experts in any particular field by keywords or concepts.
- Visualize U of U research expertise and focus by department.
- Create and manage multiple funding opportunity searches through the Funding Discovery module, which utilizes the Scival Funding database.
Who can access University of Utah Research Profiles?
The site is open to the public, and anyone can access department and faculty profiles to search for research activities and expertise by name, keywords or concepts. If your profile is included on the site, you can login with your uID to manage your profile and access the funding module.
Who are included in University of Utah Research Profiles?
Currently, the University subscriptions limits it to 800 faculty profiles. If you would like to be added to University of Utah Research Profiles, please contact OSP for options.
What does it mean that PURE has created a “profile” of my expertise?
By mining the text found in your profile entry (publication titles, publication abstracts, grant titles), Pure Experts automatically generates a “profile” or visualization of the relative use of different words and concepts to describe your research expertise. Keywords from your profile are mapped by the system to subject-specific thesauri to present concepts in a standardized way.
Elsevier employs numerous thesauri based on several keywords and concepts. For a listing of disciplinary subject areas, keywords, and concepts, see the SciVal Experts Thesauri Coverage (PDF).
How do I navigate and update my profile?
Learn how to search by last name, access your list of publications and review your unique research Fingerprint.
How do I use the Funding Discovery module?
The Funding Discovery module allows you to search for funding opportunities or receive targeted recommendations from SciVal Funding based on your profile, as well as receive potential collaborators suggestions.
Easily identify collaborators or mentors within your institituion by searching by concept of interest.